Billing & Customer Care Solution
Moldtelecom is Moldova’s National Telecommunication Operator, that manages to successfully fulfill consumers’ communication needs, offering them a wide and accessible range of telecommunication services.
Established in 1993, Moldtelecom has evolved from a traditional state-owned enterprise to an innovative and socially responsible company. It is the only operator in the Republic of Moldova that has demonstrated its competitiveness on the telecommunications market, offering a variety of communication solutions such as fixed telephony, mobile telephony, mobile Internet, fixed Internet and IPTV digital television.
With about 3,600 employees, Moldtelecom is one of the largest contributors to the state budget.
The initial state
Due to its wide range of services, SA Moldtelecom had multiple applications where accounts for customers were created and provided services and charging were monitored. However, those applications were complicating the process of monitoring all the services provided to a single client.
The convergent billing system, implemented by BASS Systems, has removed the inconveniences arising from using multiple information systems.
The convergent billing system is a convergent real-time solution for:
- Billing & Business automated processes
- Customer care (self-care)
- Call data analysis and charging
- Reporting and logging
Types of data offered:
- Fixed and mobile telephony
- Prepaid and postpaid
Advantages for telecom operators:
- Rapid implementation of services
- Automatization of sophisticated business processes and models
- Effective management of millions of subscribers and transactions.
The following business processes have been implemented within the convergence billing system:
- Customer registration (individuals and business clients, mobile, data transfer, fixed telephony)
- Offering changes
- Charging (specifying the tax group—20% VAT, 0% VAT, exempt from VAT)
- Delivery of documents
- Billable rate change
- Ownership change
- Transfer of hierarchy, etc.
Due to convergent billing system’s ability to log all operations/management actions within an account, complex reports required by Moldtelecom’s Analysis Departments can be generated.
- Ensuring personal data security
- Automating business processes specific to company
- Rapid implementation of changes requested by the Company’s Management and/or Marketing Department
- Increasing the efficiency of communication procedures between departments and trading points through the implementation of TT—trouble tickets
- Services can be viewed in a single account using a single application
- All data is logged
- The operator is no longer a decision-maker—any information is validated by the system, reducing the risk of “human error”
- The new client registration process is much quicker
- High autonomy in working with the system—more than 10,000 users can be connected simultaneously.